I am actually sad that the day is over! I LOVE Sundays! I love gathering with the church in worship… I love seeing lives changed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ! It is what this life is all about!
Today we finished a two week series called “YES/NO,” which dealt with the honesty and avoiding temptation. Our pastor did a great job with the series, and even used the “F-bomb” today. Ok, not the actual word, but the phrase “F-bomb.” It was quite funny! Anyways, we start a new series next year called “The Love Affair,” which should be quite interesting.
Today was a good day musically. Our teams did a great job leading our people in worship. We did a couple new ones for our church, which were both very well received. Here is our order for the day:
- All Because – Fee (Our people are really liking this one!)
- Awesome Is The Lord – Tomlin/Reeves/Pierce/Able (This was a new one for us to do. Went pretty well)
- Famous One – Tomlin/Reeves
I gave a short welcome to people and prayed, then, one of our guys did Casting Crowns “Voice of Truth,” and he did a fantastic job! We showed a short video clip that was a spoof on the PC Vs. Mac ads (Truth Vs. Deception). Our pastor then gave his talk for the day about temptation. He used the story of Joseph and Potiphers wife to illustrate how we need to say no to some things in life in order to experience all that God has for us.
- Majesty – Smith/Garrard (Probably one of my favorites… love the lyrics of this one!)
- Hosanna (Hillsongs) – Fraser ( I love this song. Should have done it a long time ago. One of our ladies led out on this and she did fantastic!)
- Beautiful One – Hughes
It is such an awesome feeling to be a part of a church full of people that love God, and that love to worship Him in freedom. It is awesome to see people love Jesus, and desire to follow Him even when that means making tough changes in their lives. That is what taking a next step towards Jesus is all about!
This post is also part of Sunday Setlists at Fred McKinnon [dot] com.